An LDR is a component that has a (variable) resistance that changes with the light intensity that falls upon it. This allows them to be used in light sensing circuits. A typical LDR.
Okay, so that’s not what an LDR is. Interestingly enough, I can twist these words to make it seem like it’s actually what I mean. An LDR is a component that has a variable resistance that changes the light intensity that falls upon it.
Resistance here could mean, resisting the feeling of being distance from that person. While light intensity could mean the burning passion felt between two people. The light sensing circuits could mean successful relationship.
An LDR is involves two people who are distant from each other, however, still having that burning passion falling upon them. This lets them go into a relationship, despite the distance, both hoping that it will work out, even if the odds say that they won’t. A typical LDR.
Long distance relationships are things that I personally feel, are intriguing. In fact, I think that sometimes long distance relationships are initially healthy, of course, if both parties are both looking for the same thing. The reason for this is that two individuals get to know each other in a more intimate level. I would say intimate because they are both limited to physically be with each other, and are able to connect more, in terms of verbal / text communication.
When it comes to text communication, there are several things that help the relationship move forward:
1) Each party has time to think about an appropriate response.
2) Because there is no direct confrontation, it is easier to express something feelings to the other party, without having to be too embarrassed.
3) Nowadays, most messaging apps have the “seen” feature, which forces the other party to answer something.
4) While in an LDR, because texting would probably be most of the interaction between the two individuals, the couple will have more time to be open-minded and share secrets (also referring to #3)
5) The distance, and lack of physical touch is actually beneficial because the relationship is more focused on emotions rather than physical intimacy.
What’s the catch?
1) Well, if you have not met the person in real life it’s possible they are not who they say they are.
2) Physical touch is very important nowadays. I mean, let us be honest. We need that aspect to move the relationship to a more intimate level.
3) There are a lot of misunderstandings when you communicate via messaging. You can also always just go offline and be all “out of sight, out of mind”. Which doesn’t help.
That’s all I can think about right now.